How to Minimise Your Costs After Water Damage in Your Commercial Building in Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties
Flooding can cost businesses a large amount of time and money. It is important to act quickly to minimise the damage to not only the building, but also to your business. The longer you are closed, or not operating at full capacity, the bigger the financial hit to your company.
More notably, water damage, if not remediated properly, can weaken structures, damage equipment or even create mold, which can effect the health of yourself or staff members.
If the unfortunate circumstance happens where your commercial building suffers water damage of any type, its important to act quick, with professional help. However we at SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties understand that some instances can be a costly endeavour. Here are some simple tips we would like to share to help make the process smoother before we come to complete the water damage remediation for you.
5 Simple Steps to Take Before We Arrive
- Stop the Water at the Source - if at all possible, stop any water from continuing into the premises. The more water, the more damage and clean up necessary.
- Turn off any electricity immediately - this is a high danger to all persons in the building. Electricity travels through water extremely fast and can injure or even kill. Please do this immediately, but only if safe to do so. Do not put yourself in danger.
- Remove and Mop All Visible Water - This step alone will significantly decrease the labor required by our team and save your business a lot of money.
- Put Up Warning Signs - this is for the safety of yourself and your business. Proper, highly visible signage is important to minimise the likelihood of someone getting injured in your business work place.
- If possible - remove furniture or place plastic underneath them - water is sneaky. It can get up into your wooden furniture and rust metal. If you can remove it (safety first), or even put plastic underneath it, stopping water from being able to damage it, this will save you a lot of money in damages later.
What To Do Now
If you haven't already called us, please call 304-428-7378 now and our team can further help over the phone, and if necessary we will come out to your premises.
Our professional team is highly trained for these situations. They are also highly aware of legal and environmental concerns with water damage restoration. It is our duty to fully restore your commercial building within the budgetary constraints.
Every hour costs your business money. Our team endeavours to complete the job professionally and quickly so that you can get back to what you do best.
We hope that this has been a useful article for you,
SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties.