After Storms Hit: These 3 Actions Could Save You Thousands
Article at a glance:
- 3 things that are often forgotten about after a storm
- How to save thousands in restoration costs
After a storm it’s easy to focus on the big problems like roof repairs, and basement flooding. There are 3 things that are often forgotten about, which can end up costing thousands in repair and restoration. We have listed them below to help you take care of them before the expensive bill arrives.
3 Things To Fix To Save Thousands:
- Sewage Cleanup - When storms hit, flooding is common in basements and around the foundation of our homes. Flooding can also cause sewage systems to clog, and begin overflowing. After a storm, it is vital to check your sewage systems are not spilling contaminated water in and around your home. If there is any overflowing sewage around your home, ensure you remove the waste, and keep children and pets at a safe distance.
- Carpet Cleaning - While our carpets may appear dry after a storm, there is often excess moisture. If this moisture is not attended to and properly dried, you may be left with nasty stains around your home. To ensure your carpet doesn’t need to be replaced, open doors and windows to allow for adequate airflow. It might also be helpful to reach out for professional help, as the SERVPRO team can dehumidify your home and remove any leftover water.
- Odor Removal - Leaving moisture in our homes won’t only result in nasty stains, but also odors that will deter any guests or family members. These odors commonly start in basements, or carpets where water has pooled or not properly been dried. Odors can easily be removed by creating air circulation in your home, and making sure flooring is dried adequately.
We hope that this has helped and you have found value. If you have any further questions please call us on 304 428 7378 or click here to contact us.
The Team at SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties.