IS COVID CLEANING REALLY NECESSARY?
2021 is here and there does not seem to be an end to the pandemic restrictions in the immediate future. but should we bother about sanitizing our homes and businesses for COVID?
This layered (and perhaps annoying) question has so many differing views on the internet and traditional media from “is the virus even real?” to pure fear. So …
Is COVID actually real?
The short answer … yes.
Symptoms such as loss of smell and taste are not flu-like symptoms. But …
Do we really have to be safe?
Let’s remove emotion and (even) science for a second and look at what we know is happening:
- If COVID cases rise in areas the authorities have the ability to restrict (or even close) shops and other venues. This effects people’s livelihood drastically.
- People are getting sick from COVID and it spreads very fast.
So the question we have to ask ourselves is: "Do you want your business to be responsible for spreading this?"
True or not, the news picks these stories up fast to "notify the public" and the fear surrounding those venues lingers long after the event.
Do we really have to sanitize?
No, you don’t have to because it’s your choice. And so your choice can be as educated as possible. Here are the pros and cons of sanitizing your home or business:
- Sanitization gives a little peace of mind to anyone entering your home or business.
- Sanitization minimizes the chances of spread of infection and disease if it is present.
- (Businesses) COVID poses a lot of financial risks. If your venue is deemed “a hot spot” it could result in very bad publicity or even closing down for safety measures.
- Sanitization is a cost. So weigh up your risks of not sanitizing verses sanitizing before jumping into a decision.
- Sanitization if not forever. It does not mean your home or venue will not have germs come back. Sanitization removes what is currently there, if something comes afterwards … it’s there.
- Too much sanitizing can be dangerous to our health. Make sure to not overdo it if you’re doing it yourself. Or better yet, ask a professional for advice.
Today, COVID bears risks beyond just health, it is now a financial risk. Consider all the options above before sanitizing your home or venue. Can you afford the risk?
If not, please call our team to find out if your home or business should have sanitization: 304-428-7378 or contact us through our contact us page.
The Team at SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties