Tips for Keeping Your Business Free of Mold in West Virginia
Article at a glance:
- 3 ways mold can damage your business
- How to save thousands on mold removal & restoration
Have you ever considered the value of your business in your warehouse or office alone? Would you know how to remove mold and save thousands in restoration?
We don’t tend to consider the financial damage a mold outbreak would have on our business. Fortunately, we have a few tips to help you save your business thousands.
3 Ways Mold can Damage your Business
- Damage to purchasable goods - In most small and large businesses, stock is stored before sale. If mold began to grow on these items, they would no longer be in a saleable condition. Replacing damaged goods could cost you hundreds, and even thousands before they’ve even left your business.
- Stains & Odors - When mold grows and isn’t removed fast enough, it can leave awful stains on ceilings, walls and other items. , mold can often be smelt as well. Having stains and odors in your place of business will likely turn customers away and in seek of nearby competitors.
- Close of business - Mold growth can quickly become hard to control, and pose as a health risk to employees and customers. At this point, your business may have to close for thorough cleaning and removal. Closing a business may result in a huge loss of profits, and even a loss of long-term customers.
3 Simple ways you can save your business before it goes under
- Check for moisture - Mold grows in dark and moist parts of our businesses, like basements. It is vitally important to check your business for any residual moisture or leaks from pipes and taps. By checking regularly, you will likely find mold be able to remove it effectively before it grows out of control.
- Store your stock in a safe place - If your business holds expensive stock on site, it is important to store them in a safe place. An ideal environment for stock to remain undamaged would be a well circulated room with natural light. Air circulation and light could mean the difference between a year in profit or loss.
- Don’t wait for restoration - You can save thousands by treating the problem as soon as you find it. If you do locate mold in your business, be sure to check and move any stock you are storing. Once the expensive items are out of the way, begin cleaning the mold with vinegar and a sponge. If there are any stains leftover, be sure to reach out for professional help to ensure it doesn’t regrow or spread.
We hope that this has helped and you have found value. If you have any further questions please call us on 304 428 7378 or click here to contact us.
The Team at SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties.