Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold growth is very common in homes in the Mid-Ohio Valley area and it is important to know to be careful when you notice there is a mold problem in your home or commercial building.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
Where mold may cause health problems is from the spores that are released from the mold and travel through the air. If there is a musty smell in any room there is a strong chance that the level of spores in the air is higher than normal.
For more information on mold we would recommend reading our short, detailed blogs on mold damage and how to determine the signs of mold build up in your home or building. Click here to read.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (304) 428-7378
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Marys