Full Sterilisation for Coronavirus for Homes and Businesses
COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) has taken over the world because of it’s highly contagious nature and it’s ability to stay on surfaces for extended periods of times. Some have reported hours, some have reported days at a time.
The virus’s ability to move and spread is what has the entire American nation on lock down. It can travel from someone’s hands to clothes to the kitchen counter. It could have travelled all the way from the local Sam’s Club to your garage. We urge that you are very careful, please. Be diligent with your sanitisation, what you touch and keeping a safe social distance of 6 feet.
Some families in the local Wood County have contacted us asking if we do home or business sterilisation and we wanted to explain our processes in full with this blog post.
We offer cleaning for all options:
- Pre-cautionary Cleaning
- Suspected Contamination
- Confirmed Contamination
The Sterilization Process
Our process is very thorough and detailed to ensure safety is of a high quality. One of our owners, Jay Miller, is very concerned about the safety of his family. One of his immediate family members is of high risk to COVID-19. For this reason you can be assured his team is acting in the highest of safety measures in your job and outside.
The process is:
- Our staff quarantine the areas of the home or business before beginning sterilization.
- Our staff are fully covered with safety suits, goggles and masks.
- Any heavy items are moved for easier access.
- Sterilization happens, all items are wiped down and sprayed.
- A period of time must pass afterwards to ensure that the area is safe to re-enter. This duration is determined on the size of the area and the items within the area.
Once the entire home or business has been successfully sterilized you may re-enter. Please note that if someone enters the premises at a later date and they are infected, the location may require further sterilization.
How much does Full Coronavirus Sterilization Cost?
There are multiple factors that will dictate the price of a full sterilization of your home or business. These factors include (but not limited to):
- total square footage
- labor required
- type of facility
A typical quotation of sterilization is:
- Proactive (or precautionary) cleaning: Typically $0.30 - $0.50 per sq. ft.
- Suspected or confirmed contamination: Typically $0.75 - $1.25 per sq. ft.
- If heavy contents are present and require moving: Add $0.50 - $0.75 per sq. ft.
These quoted prices are for the sterilization only. Additional costs, including travel distance and labor required may influence the price.
Your family and the family of others are our priority. Together we can keep the community safe from Coronavirus.
If you would like to get a quote please call 304-428-7378 to speak with someone now.
Please keep safe and we hope that this helped.
The team at SERVPRO of Wood, Ritchie & Pleasants Counties