If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (304) 428-7378

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How a Small Amount of Water In Your Home Can Create a Major Health Hazard (and how to resolve it)

4/12/2021 (Permalink)

Water is invasive and silent. It can sit inside your carpet and other furniture, a bring life. But sometimes to the type of life that poses potential health effects.


Mold and Black Toxic Mold can grow from a very small amount of moisture in the air. This is where it becomes a problem.

Feeding ground.

Mold and Black Toxic Mold release spores into the air. These spores, when inhaled, can create health effects.

Take action.

Some moisture is necessary in the air, but in highly humid areas, it’s important to release the moisture. Areas that are highly prone to humidity include the bathroom, laundry and some basements.

Release the moisture.

Open the windows or turn on an exhaust fan and let the moisture out. When it can escape, it will. The moisture wants to get out of the house and into the atmosphere. Let it.

Wipe down the excess.

At times the moisture creates condensation on the walls. Wipe this down as soon as possible so that the water cannot seep into the materials and create a mold-breeding environment.

Use a Dehumidifier.

If you cannot do the two, try this option. Dehumidifiers sell at some home shops or Home Depot, but don’t be sucked in by the cheap ones because some of them don’t clear our the moisture, they just clear out your wallet.

Find out some more information.

Black Toxic Mold: Avoid Having this Risk In the Family Home

Dehumidifiers: Why are they better?

Other News

View Recent Posts